Link Aadhar Card with PAN: Do you want to link Aadhar Card with PAN? Then you have reached the right place. Here, we will provide you step-by-step process to link Aadhar Card with PAN.
PAN Card is a 10-Digit Number that is allotted to all the Citizens of India. PAN is necessary for paying Tax. It is also required at various other places such as opening a new bank account, making transactions above a certain limit, etc.
Aadhar Card is a 12-Digit Unique Identification number that is allotted to all the Citizens of India, based on their Demographic and Biometric Data. As per new government rules, Aadhar Card is useful for a numerous number of places.
Link Aadhar Card with PAN
According to the new Government rules, all the Citizens who are paying tax, have to compulsory link Aadhar Card with PAN. Currently, more than 9 Crore people have already linked Aadhar Card with PAN.
Earlier, UIDAI declared that the last date to link Aadhar Card with PAN is August 31st, 2017. However, it is now extended to December 31st, 2017.
How to Link Aadhar Card with PAN?
There are basically two ways to link Aadhar Card with PAN, they are as follows:
1. Link Aadhar Card with PAN Online
Follow the simple steps given below:
– Firstly, Visit the Official website of Income Tax Department.
– Then either you can log in with your Account or you can continue without login.
– Now, on the left-hand side, below the services tab, there will be an option to “Link Aadhar”. Click on that link.
– Then, you have to Enter your PAN, Aadhar Card Number and the name as displayed in the Aadhar Card.
– If the only year is mentioned in Aadhar, then tick mark that field.
– Then, you have to Enter the Captcha code as shown in the image. There is also an option of OTP for all the Visually Challenged people.
– Lastly, click on “Link Aadhar”.
– Thus, you will receive a link to your registered mobile number or E-mail ID.
– Click on that link and your Aadhar Card is linked with PAN.
2. Link Aadhar Card with PAN via SMS
If you want to link Aadhar Card with PAN via SMS than type the message given below:
SMS UIDPAN12-Digit Aadhar Card Number 10-Digit PAN Card Number
and then send the above message to 56161 or 567678.
Hence, your Aadhar Card will be linked with PAN within few hrs.
FAQs on Linking PAN Card with Aadhar
1. Do I really need to make an account in Income Tax Department website in order to link Aadhar with PAN?
No, you don’t need to make an account in IT Department website. Using the direct link, you can link Aadhar Card with PAN.
2. Can I file Income Tax Returns without linking with Aadhar Card?
Yes, you can file returns without Aadhar Card. But, after July 1, 2017, you can’t file Tax returns without an Aadhar Card.
After this, you have to provide a proof that you have applied for Aadhar, then only you will be allotted to pay Income Tax.
3. What are the benefits of linking Aadhar with PAN?
Several Benefits of linking Aadhar with PAN are as follows:
– You can file Income Tax Returns anytime.
– Your PAN will not become invalid.
– You can verify your Income Tax Returns online with the help of the same card, on condition that your mobile number is registered with Aadhar.
4. How can I do if my details of PAN Card doesn’t match with the Aadhar Card?
If your details of your PAN such as spelling in Birth Date, name, etc. then you should submit valid proof and make all the things corrected. Later, you have to link Aadhar Card with PAN.
5. What details I have to check while linking Aadhar Card with PAN?
At the time of linking Aadhar Card with PAN, be sure details such as name, gender, and date of birth of your Aadhar Card matches with the PAN Card.
Hence by following any of the above procedure, you can link Aadhar Card with PAN.
We hope that you got complete information about How to link Aadhar Card with PAN. Now feel free to share this article with your friends and followers.